Job Title: Digital Design & Content Manager
Director of Marketing
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and work samples to:
Central Square Theater,
450 Massachusetts Avenue,
Cambridge, MA 02139
Central Square Theater is committed to diversity at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership. CST is the oldest female-led professional theater company in New England. We strongly encourage people of color and LGBTQA+ candidates.
Central Square Theater (CST), seeks a dynamic, multi-talented individual to contribute to our fast-paced marketing work through the creation, coordination, and distribution of digital content (video, audio, photography), of selected print projects and other marketing programs in order to meet organizational objectives and sales goals set for the theater’s marketing department. These efforts directly impact Central Square Theater and the two professional theater programs, The Nora and Underground Railway.
This staff member works directly with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute effective promotional partnerships to maximize audience growth, build stronger organizational relationships with audiences, and reach revenue goals.
This position is full-time and requires occasional attendance at special events in the evenings and on weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
There are several skill sets this position uses to contribute the CST’s marketing including:
Digital Content Creation
This position is the lead creator of digital content for Central Square Theater’s marketing channels. Projects include but are not limited to:
- Video Content, including, interviews, promotional videos, and archival recordings.
- Online Banner Ads (based on individual production graphics)
- Social Media Content Calendar Management and content creation adhering to the standards for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Creation of A Social Media Marketing Guide for each production.
- Management and Updating of CST’s website on the WordPress CMS.
- Photograph special events including, but not limited to Galas and pre-and post performance production related events – our signature program Central Conversations.
Graphic Design & Print Content Creation
This position also creates graphical concepts for each production in the season in collaboration with the Director of Marketing. These materials are used in various print collateral including:
- Production postcards, print advertisements, and posters.
- Collateral and temporary signage for Central Conversations, Galas, and other events.
In addition to these responsibilities, this position coordinates the production process of Program Books for each production throughout the season.
Event & Meeting Responsibilities
This position is expected to attend events and meetings as a representative of the company. Frequently, these events include live coverage via photos and text on Social Media platforms. Types of events include, but are not limited to:
- Press Openings where they will assist the Director of Marketing in distribution of press packets and tickets.
- Opening Night Parties and Galas where they will take photographs of attendees.
- Theater Arts Marketing Alliance (TAMA) and Boston Arts Marketing Alliance (BAMA) meetings as a representative of the company.
- Street Fairs and other events where materials may be distributed about the company.
Supervision & Collaboration
This position, along with the Director of Marketing supervises Marketing Interns. They should also be comfortable with interdepartmental collaboration and working together towards common organizational goals.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
A successful candidate for this position will be someone who embraces challenges, finds solutions, sets high expectations and discipline for their own performance, focuses on successful outcomes, and promotes teamwork. More specifically, they should possess the following qualities:
- Highly Literate in both functionality and efficient workflows in Adobe Creative Suite programs (specifically PremierePro, Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects).
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office and G-Suite (Google) Programs (especially Word and Excel and Google Drive);
- Knowledge of OvationTix or other ticketing software experience preferred, but not necessary;
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS web publishing platform or experience with an equivalent preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a positive attitude;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills required;
- Creativity and resourcefulness required;
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with staff across departments.
Successful candidates should have 2+ years working in marketing with experience in digital content creation, graphic design, or other related areas. Arts marketing experience preferable but not required. Central Square Theater offers health benefits, generous vacation allowance, flexible scheduling of office and work-from-home hours.
Salary range: $34,000 to $36,000.