Job Description: Assistant to the Executive Director (part time: 25 hours per week)
Central Square Theater
450 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
Contact: Catherine Carr Kelly
Central Square Theater is committed to diversity at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership. We strongly encourage men and people of color to apply.
Title: Assistant to the Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Central Square Theater (CST) seeks a dynamic individual to contribute to CST’s executive administrative work. This person will coordinate the administration for each production in the CST season and assist the ED with daily management tasks as required for theater operations. These efforts will directly impact Central Square Theater and the programs of its two professional theaters, The Nora Theatre Company and Underground Railway Theater, as well as its theater-in-residence The Front Porch Artists Collective.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a capacity for high volume, multiple project management and a keen ability to prioritize and follow through to achieve desired outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This staff member will be engaged in all aspects of ED responsibilities, including:
- Contracting creative team members for our theatrical season and working with various unions, including Actor’s Equity Association.
- Working closely with bookkeeper regarding contracting and payroll for actors and design team members.
- Planning housing and hospitality for visiting artists.
- Assisting with Budget creation and management.
- Developing relationships with board members and acting as another line of contact for the ED’s office.
- Assisting ED with office operations and staff management.
- Assisting with tasks related to Diversity and Inclusion and the Not In Our House Sexual Harassment protocols.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Supervision & Collaboration
- Shares in supervision of Executive Director Intern(s)
- Collaborates with Artistic, Development, Education, Front-of-House and Marketing Departments as needed.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office and Google programs (especially Word and Excel and Google Drive);
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a positive attitude;
- Greatly attentive to detail;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills required;
- Creativity and resourcefulness required;
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with staff across departments;
- Willingness to attend special events in the evenings and on weekends as necessary;
- Knowledge of OvationTix or other ticketing software experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks financial accounting experience preferred, but not necessary.
Candidate should have 1-3 years of administrative experience in a theater, arts, or non-profit environment, as well as the experience and passion to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Please email resume, cover letter and desired salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.