Job Description: Patron Services Manager
Central Square Theater
450 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
Please apply to email@example.com.
Please supply cover letter and resume.
Title: Patron Services Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Two theater companies, one home: Central Square Theater is a state-of-the-art theatrical arts facility where audiences find, under one roof, the distinctive repertoires of two award-winning, professional companies, The Nora Theatre Company and Underground Railway Theater as well as collaborative projects drawing on their creative synergy. Central Square Theater is a vibrant hub of theatrical, educational, and social activity, where artists and audiences come together to create theater vital to the community.
Central Square Theater is committed to equity and inclusion at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Patron Services Manager leads CST’s patron services department, overseeing all front-line (box office and front of house) interactions between CST and its patrons. The PSM ensures a positive customer service experience for each patron and a welcoming environment for audiences of diverse backgrounds, range of theater-going experience, age and ability.
- Fulfill ticketing orders via phone, mail, email, and in person.
- Train and supervise interns and other staff members in processing orders through OvationTix.
- Process comp ticket requests from artists and staff.
- Liaise with the box office associate about ticketing procedures and resolving issues that occur during performances.
- Maintain CST’s ticketing system through OvationTix, including setting up and ensuring the accuracy of productions, packages, pricing, and patron records.
- Run weekly ticketing reports.
- Manage company calendar.
Front of House
- Hire, train and supervise all FOH operations and FOH staff.
- Serve as conduit between FOH staff and administrative staff and ensure that all issues raised in nightly FOH reports are dealt with.
- Coordinate press opening receptions and other special events as needed.
- Conduct facilities tours for potential outside space use, as needed.
- Facilitate license and permit renewals and required risk management training.
Supervision & Collaboration
- Supervises all front of house and box office staff
- Collaborates with the Marketing team on ticketing pricing, promotions & group sales.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, including leading people of a variety of backgrounds, ages, and experience levels
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Direct sales experience and a proven track record of success
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with staff across theater departments and cultivate relationships in the community
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm for connecting the theater with diverse communities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with good cheer
- Knowledge of OvationTix Ticketing Software or other ticketing software experience preferred
Candidate should have 2-4 years of customer service and leadership experience in a theater, arts, or non-profit environment, specifically with experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Health Insurance subsidies and paid vacation are negotiable.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply cover letter and resume.