Job Title: Production and Technical Operations Manager (Administrative, Full Time)
Start Date: August 1, 2016
Contact: Catherine Carr Kelly, Executive Director
Central Square Theater
450 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02139
Central Square Theater is committed to diversity at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reporting to the Executive Director, supervising daily operations of all theater spaces and production elements of all theater programming.
• Participate in budgeting for operation and season programs.
• Coordinate and advise designers and outside groups in theater usage.
• Hire and supervise all technical crews for season productions- load-in, electrics, run crew, strike, etc.
• Attend design meetings and technical rehearsals as necessary.
• Maintain operation procedures for all theater spaces, and train staff and show crew in safe operations.
• Train and work to support education programs technical needs for performances.
• Maintain condition of theater equipment
• Maintain on- and off-site storage areas for use in productions and outside rental.
• Maintain space calendar for all space usage (multiple Google Calendars).
• Act as contact for issues with building maintenance and usage.
This schedule requires flexibility based around the season’s production schedule. Late night, weekend and holiday hours may be required, and can be counted against monthly hourly totals.
• Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills.
• Knowledge of all areas of theater production- lighting, scenic construction, sound, and rigging.
• Ability to read and interpret design paperwork
• Familiarity with ETC Eos/Ion lighting console
• Ability to work calmly under tight deadlines
• Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive box trucks
• Ability to work at height on either ladder or lift- up to +20ft
• Ability to lift and carry weights of over 50lbs
• Budgeting experience
• Familiarity with VectorWorks, Lightwright and QLab or similar
Please email letter of interest, resume and salary requirements (or range) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration apply by Thursday, June 30.
Central Square Theater, is a state-of-the-art theatrical arts facility where audiences find, under one roof, the distinctive repertoires of two award-winning, professional companies, The Nora Theatre Company and Underground Railway Theater as well as collaborative projects drawing on their creative synergy.
Central Square Theater is an equal opportunity employer.