*We are now accepting Fall Internship Applications!*
Underground Railway Theater is looking for the next generation of creative, dedicated, and highly innovative theatre artists poised to jump-start their careers.
URT’s Assistant to the Artistic Director internships are designed for college students, recent college graduates and early-career professionals seeking greater understanding and deeper knowledge of artistic, production, or administrative areas of a professional theatre company. The length and daily schedule of the Internship will be agreed upon by the Intern and the Artistic Director, for not shorter than 3 months or less than 15 hours a week.
As an Assistant to the Artistic Director at URT, you will …
- Work intimately with URT’s leadership, staff and production personnel.
- Meet with the Artistic Director to structure a schedule and list of specific duties.
- Attend auditions and co-ordinate the casting of the 16/17 season. This includes Actors’ Equity Auditions, open and invited auditions for Underground Railway Theater.
- Read and respond to play submissions. Advise the Artistic Director on potential new work.
- Interact with URT staff, board and visiting artists, as well as members of the dynamic theatre community in the Boston/Cambridge area.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Receive free tickets to all CST productions for the season.
- Attend special events at CST including opening and closing night parties as well as the Central Conversations.
To apply, please click here.