Safety and Returning to Indoor Theater
In order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for audiences to return and enjoy live, in-person theater, we have been closely monitoring evolving CDC guidance and its impact on our local community as well as indoor performance venues. For the safety of our audience, staff members, and artists, we are implementing the following protocols until further notice:
All patrons, regardless of age, must present proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative Antigen test taken within 6 hours in order to enter the theatre.
- Proof of Vaccination can be easily provided by:
- Showing your physical vaccination card or a photo of your card.
- Showing a digital health record such as Mass.gov Vax Finder, MyChart, CVS app.
- Showing appropriately timed COVID test results from a testing center, medical facility, or a time-stamped photo of a recent at-home test.
- Using the B Together City of Boston app – an easy-to-use, free app that makes it easy to find a picture of your vaccination card on your phone.
- Well-fitted masks covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times in all areas of the theater. At Front of House’s discretion, patrons may be asked to change out their mask with a provided CDC-recommended procedural mask when they arrive at the theater.
- If on the day of the performance you are experiencing any COVID symptoms, stay home and contact our Box Office for more information about exchanges or digital viewing options.
- We will continue to evaluate and update these policies as the situation evolves. For the most up-to-date information on our health and safety policies and season shows, please visit CentralSquareTheater.org/COVID.
Thank you in advance for your help in keeping everyone safe when attending Central Square Theater. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Are Central Square Theater staff vaccinated?
Yes, Central Square Theater is a fully vaccinated organization. All affiliates with the productions have had their second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca, or their single dose of Johnson & Johnson at least 14 days prior to rehearsals.
Do I have to use the App or can I just bring in the Vaccination Card or Test Results?
You do not have to use the app, but it will be easier if you do as you will not have to carry your physical vaccine card or test results.
What if I test positive?
If you test positive, you can’t be admitted to the theater. Please contact our box office at email@example.com for an exchange of tickets or a refund.
What if I have COVID symptoms?
If you have any of the following symptoms: fever, sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, or vomiting, please contact our box office to request a refund or exchange and do not come to the show.
What if I don’t use the app and I forget the Test Results or Vaccination card?
If you are not able to provide proof of vaccination you will not be admitted into the theater. We strongly recommend downloading Bindle so your vaccination status is kept securely and privately in your smartphone.
Will the performers wear masks on stage?
The actors will not wear masks while on stage during the performance, and will be keeping at least 10 feet of distance from any audience member.
What kind of ventilation system does the CST have?
With our partners at MIT, we have recently performed a complete evaluation of our HVAC systems, including testing and balancing. All of our filters were changed to MERV 13 or higher. Our airflow systems can vary the amount of fresh air that is brought in, allowing for high levels of outside air during shows.
Will concessions be available at the theatre?
For everyone’s safety, we will not be selling concessions at this time. Outside water will be permitted, but please be mindful of those around you if drinking.
Will printed programs be available?
At this time we have primarily moved to digital programs available through a QR code and a link in a pre-show email. A limited number of print programs will be available at the theater.
Can I get a refund since I disagree with this policy?
If you do not wish to come to the theater with this policy in place, there are 3 options – a credit towards future tickets, a kind donation to the theater, or a refund.