Breaking the Code, Hugh Whitemore’s elegant and deeply moving play about British mathematician Alan Turing, reveals connections between his cracking of the Nazi’s unbreakable Enigma code and his refusal to live a closeted life. Turing’s expansive spirit embraced seeming contradictions: gay man and war hero, marathon runner and Disney film fan. He envisioned a universal machine and set the stage for modern computer technology.
Breaking the Code is presented as part of MIT’s 150th Anniversary and the 2011 Cambridge Science Festival.
- Hugh Whitemore Playwright
- Adam Zahler Director
- Janie E. Howland set design
- Frances Nelson McSherry costume design
- Franklin Meissner Jr. Lighting Designer
- Bill Barclay Sound Design & Composition
- Sylvia Bagaglio Properties Coordination
- Amanda Sheehan Assistant Stage Manager
- Eugenie Carabatsos Assistant to the Director & Dramaturg
- Elise Kuo Dramaturg
- Alison R. Klejna Lobby Design