Ulysses Lincoln, a Gulf War veteran lost at sea and presumed dead, fights to find his way back home to his wife and son. The meddlesome Gods, Great Grand Daddy Deus and Great Grand Paw Sidin have other plans in mind as they battle for control of Ulysses’ fate. Presented in October 2017 in the God’s Closet Reading Series by The Front Porch Arts Collective, black odyssey melds together Greek mythology, African-American oral history and music in this visionary new take on Homer’s classic tale.
A co-production by The Front Porch Arts Collective & Underground Railway Theater.
- Marcus Gardley playwright
- Benny Sato Ambush director
- Ramona Lisa Alexander Alsendra Sabine (Also: Circe Nzinga, Carig'diss)
- Elle Borders Nella Pell
- Hubens “Bobby” Cius Malachi (Also: Poly'famous)
- Johnny Lee Davenport Great Grand Daddy Deus (Also: Madison Eaton, a chef and Super Fly Tireseus, the shagadelic prophet)
- Regie Gibson Great Grand Paw Sidin (Also: Naval Officer, John Suitor, and Police Officer 1)
- Brandon Green Ulysses Lincoln
- Journey King Benevolence Nausicca Sabine (Also: African Ancestor.)
- Carolyn Saxon Great Aunt Tee (Also: Scylla, the sea creature, Calypso)
- Kai Thomani Tshikosi Artez Sabine (Also: Alabama Slim, The Soul Siren, The Alter Ego, and Police Officer 2)
- Akili Jamal Haynes Multi-Percussionist Collaborator / Performer