Central Square Theater is looking for the next generation of creative, dedicated, and highly innovative theatre artists poised to jump-start their careers.
The Assistant to the Co-Artistic Director internships are designed for college students, recent college graduates and early-career professionals seeking greater understanding and deeper knowledge of artistic, production, or administrative areas of a professional theatre company. The length and daily schedule of the Internship will be agreed upon by the Intern and the Artistic Director, for not shorter than 3 months or less than 15 hours a week.
As an Assistant to the Co-Artistic Director at CST, you will do a lot of stuff, including, but not limited to:
- -Work intimately with leadership, staff and production personnel.
- -Meet with the Artistic Director to structure a schedule and list of specific duties.
- -Attend auditions and co-ordinate the casting for the upcoming. This includes Actors’ Equity Auditions, open and invited auditions for That’s What She Said and other projects.
- -Read and respond to play submissions. Advise the Artistic Director on potential new work.
- -Interact with staff, board and visiting artists, as well as members of the dynamic theatre community in the Boston/Cambridge area.
- -Attend staff meetings.
- -Receive free tickets to all CST productions for the season.
- -Attend special events including opening and closing night parties as well as the Central Conversations and Symposiums.
- -Assist in coordinating the That’s What She Said reading series.
- -Participate in budgeting and accounting for individual productions.
- -Attend design meetings and technical rehearsals as able.
- -Work with marketing, development and connectivity to ensure a cross-collaboration and smooth integration with each production.
- -Additional duties may include literary and dramaturgical support such as reading and evaluating scripts, attend readings and productions; researching and providing dramaturgical support for current and upcoming seasons; maintaining the script database, corresponding with artists and agents.
If you’re still with us – we strive to match each intern to areas of interest with the understanding we all do the boring stuff, too. This schedule requires flexibility based around the season’s production schedule. Late night, weekend and holiday hours may be required, and can be counted against monthly hourly totals.
Qualifications and random information.
- – Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- – Ability to work calmly under tight deadlines.
- – Ability to work independently and with a team.
- – Basic software skills and familiarity with G-Suite and Google.
- – A sense of humor.
- – You will be provided with a Central Square Theater email.
- – You will need to provide your own laptop or device.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Lee Mikeska Gardner.