*The Nora will not be accepting any additional Interns for the 2016 Spring/Summer Season. Thank you for your enthusiasm, and we look forward to hearing from you in the fall!
The Nora Theatre Company is looking for the next generation of creative, dedicated, and highly innovative theatre artists poised to jump-start their careers.
The Nora’s Assistant to the Artistic Director internships are designed for college students, recent college graduates and early-career professionals seeking greater understanding and deeper knowledge of artistic, production, or administrative areas of a professional theatre company. The length and daily schedule of the Internship will be agreed upon by the Intern and the Artistic Director, for not shorter than 3 months or less than 15 hours a week.
As an Assistant to the Artistic Director at The Nora, you will …
- Work intimately with The Nora’s leadership, staff and production personnel.
- Meet with the Artistic Director to structure a schedule and list of specific duties.
- Attend auditions and co-ordinate the casting of the 15/16 season. This includes Actors’ Equity Auditions, open and invited auditions for The Nora.
- Read and respond to play submissions. Advise the Artistic Director on potential new work.
- Interact with The Nora staff, board and visiting artists, as well as members of the dynamic theatre community in the Boston/Cambridge area.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Receive free tickets to all CST productions for the season.
- Attend special events at The Nora including opening and closing night parties as well as the Central Conversations and Symposiums.
- Assist in co-ordinating the Working Titles reading series.
- Assist in co-ordinating The Nora Studio Education programs.