Our own version of Charles Dickens’ tale of the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge returns! Join us as we venture into Victorian London – and the London of today – as we delight in puppetry, live music, rousing dancing, and intimate storytelling. Become engulfed in the sights, sounds, and scents of the holiday. A celebration of generosity, compassion, and personal transformation that you’ll find only at Central Square. You’ll leave the theater with your heart overflowing with good cheer.
A Christmas Carol is not part of any subscription package. However subscribers may purchase no-fee add-on tickets at a special discounted rate.
A Christmas Carol is The Margret and H.A. Rey Curious George Family Production.
Interviews with the Director & Youth Ensemble
“A LOVELY PRODUCTION! Go early because the cast interacts with the audience - there’s magic, there’s music, it’s very much geared to children... The part I enjoyed most was Fezziwig’s Party - you felt merriment and joy that went all the way up into the theater’s rafters!”— Jared Bowen, WGBH
“The new production at Central Square Theater in Cambridge is as much a fairy tale as a ghost story, inhabited by one of the most endearing bands of sprites in the city this season. A trio of children, cast primarily as the Cratchit family, are sprinkled among the grownups in the show to bring a sense of wonder, curiosity and just plain adorableness to the beloved classic. The show not only delivers the intent of the true meaning of Christmas in caring for others instead of oneself but also the delight of two hours of entertaining spectacle, wrapped in story, music and dance.”— Iris Fanger, The Patriot Ledger
“Laughter, music, a seasonal story that's as much as part of Christmas as silver bells, green wreaths, and red bulbs, together with a bit of audience participation that lets kids of all ages join in -- you couldn't ask for a more perfect family outing for this most wonderful time of year.”— Kilian Melloy, Edge Media Network
- Charles Dickens novelist
- Debra Wise director
- Kortney Adams* Belle et. al
- Ramona Lisa Alexander Marley et al.
- Paris Ellsworth Nephew et al.
- Caitlin Gjerdrum Mrs. Cratchit et al.
- Jeremiah Kissel Scrooge
- Brooks Reeves Cratchit et al.
- Vincent Ernest Siders Ghost of Christmas Present et al.
- Julia Tara Springer Ghost of Christmas Past et al.
- Zoë Adams Martin Cratchit Girl et al.
- Margot Anderson-Song Cratchit Girl et al.
- Jonah Cramer Child, Tiny Tim
- Anatoly Fateyev Heimowitz Cratchit Boy et al.
- Sean Verre Cratchit Boy et al.
- David Fichter Scenic Design
- Leslie Held Costume Designer
- John R. Malinowski Lighting Designer
- Mark Bruckner Sound Designer
- Charles Linshaw Dialect Designer
- Elizabeth Rocha Properties Co-Designer
- Abby Shenker Properties Co-Designer
- Susan Dibble Choreographer
- Stephen Lewontin Miniature Builder
- Charlotte Anne Dore Punch & Judy
- Joseph Stallone Assistant Director
- Wally Napier Illusionist Consultant