Immerse yourself in the swirling spectacle of London’s yesteryear and present day as we propel you through Ebenezer Scrooge’s famous journey. See this tale like never before–resurrected by intimate storytelling, hilarious puppetry, lively music, and jovial dancing! This theater-in-the-round adaptation of Dickens’ 1843 classic showcases vibrant performers and
heartfelt holiday cheer, guaranteed to leave you feeling transformed by Central Square Theater magic.
Interested in bringing your school to see A Christmas Carol? Reserve your tickets for our student matinees today.
A Christmas Carol is not part of any subscription package. However subscribers may purchase no-fee add-on tickets at a special discounted rate.
A Christmas Carol is The Margret and H.A. Rey Curious George Family Production.
Produced by Underground Railway Theater & The Nora Theatre Company.
Watch Video from A Christmas Carol!
“A LOVELY PRODUCTION! Go early because the cast interacts with the audience - there’s magic, there’s music, it’s very much geared to children... The part I enjoyed most was Fezziwig’s Party - you felt merriment and joy that went all the way up into the theater’s rafters!”— Jared Bowen, WGBH
“The new production at Central Square Theater in Cambridge is as much a fairy tale as a ghost story, inhabited by one of the most endearing bands of sprites in the city this season. A trio of children, cast primarily as the Cratchit family, are sprinkled among the grownups in the show to bring a sense of wonder, curiosity and just plain adorableness to the beloved classic. The show not only delivers the intent of the true meaning of Christmas in caring for others instead of oneself but also the delight of two hours of entertaining spectacle, wrapped in story, music and dance.”— Iris Fanger, The Patriot Ledger
“Laughter, music, a seasonal story that's as much as part of Christmas as silver bells, green wreaths, and red bulbs, together with a bit of audience participation that lets kids of all ages join in -- you couldn't ask for a more perfect family outing for this most wonderful time of year.”— Kilian Melloy, Edge Media Network
- Charles Dickens novelist
- Debra Wise director
- Joshua Wolf Coleman Scrooge
- Paris Ellsworth Fred, Fiddler and Ensemble, and Music Captain
- Meghan Hornblower Belle, Ensemble
- Liliane Klein Charwoman, Mrs. Cratchit, Mrs. Fezziwig
- James Ricardo Milord* Marley, and Ensemble
- Alka Nayyar Ghost of Christmas Past
- Brooks Reeves Bob Cratchit, Puppeteer and Ensemble
- Vincent Ernest Siders Ghost of Christmas Present, and Ensemble
- Jonah Cramer Tiny Tim
- Sean Verre Cratchit Boy / Ignorance / Ensemble
- Zoë Adams Martin Cratchit Girl / Want / Ensemble
- Asher Stern Cratchit Boy / Ignorance / Ensemble
- Simonne Stern Cratchit Girl / Want / Ensemble
- David Fichter Scenic Design
- Leslie Held Costume Designer
- John R. Malinowski Lighting Designer
- Mark Bruckner Sound Designer
- Charles Linshaw Dialect Designer
- Elizabeth Rocha Properties Designer
- Stephen Lewontin Miniature Builder
- Charlotte Anne Dore Punch & Judy
- Joseph Stallone Assistant Director
- Wally Napier Illusionist Consultant